19th May 2020
New App Helping Families Caring for Those with Dementia During Lockdown
12th May 2020
Covid-19 Care Provider Impact Study
The comments included in the survey tell a story of utter despair as providers have had to fight their way though this pandemic with little information support from government.
12th May 2020
Covid 19 Statement From The Board Of National Care Association
National Care Association have been deeply disturbed by the tone and sentiment of government briefings over the past few days in relation to Covid-19 related deaths in care homes
16th Apr 2020
PRESS RELEASE: Covid-19 Testing for Care Services
National Care Association Press Release
11th Apr 2020
PRESS RELEASE: Call to remove VAT from social care essential items
National Care Association press release
5th February 2019
Volunteers needed to form a Special Interest Group
We’d like to hear from SME providers with any kind of knowledge of the digital world, as well as those who don’t use technology at all in their business(es).
All that is required of members is enthusiasm – there is no need to have any specialist knowledge of the digital/data protection world.
Register here to volunteer in the special interest group Please return your completed form to email@example.com
We, alongside other members of the Care Provider Alliance and Skills for Care, have been awarded a contract by NHS Digital to deliver a new sector-led service to support Adult Social Care providers with emerging and existing technology and their data protection responsibilities. This project will run until March 2021.
This is particularly timely given the recent emergence of the NHS Long Term plan, Matt Hancock’s ‘The future of healthcare: our vision for digital, data and technology in health and care’ and the decision to “axe the fax” by 2020.
As part of this work, we are looking for around 20 social care employers to volunteer to form a Special Interest Group to help steer this work and to ensure that it is sector-led from the outset.
Members of the Special Interest Group will have opportunities, as appropriate, to:
- Receive invitations to meetings (virtual or face to face) where you will gain privileged access to sector, NHS Digital, NHS England and Department of Health and Social Care plans on digital. This includes meetings with senior NHS and Department of Health and Social Care officials.
- Have the opportunity to comment on documents, (specifications, implementation guides) and advice and guidance developed by the project.
- Have the opportunity to implement (either at testing stage, pilot stage or as early adopters) systems under development or implementation by the NHS.
- Receive priority support when piloting or testing these systems, ensuring you can implement systems efficiently.
- Have the opportunity to help lead the journey in developing the social care provider sector’s digital roadmap.
Particular areas we will be exploring include:
- Development of a website resource for social care providers. Focusing on supporting providers with buying IT resources, secure email, guidance on technology and data protection responsibilities
- Secure Email (including NHSmail)
- Access to the Summary Care Record and other electronic health records for social care providers
- The “digital maturity” of the sector, including developing and testing a digital maturity self-assessment tool.
- Data Security and Protection (including the Data Security and Protection Toolkit)
- Telehealth and assistive technologies
- Developing standards for the IT supplier market
- Providing advice on choosing an IT supplier for your business
If this is of interest to you please could you complete the attached form and return by 19th February.