19th May 2020
New App Helping Families Caring for Those with Dementia During Lockdown
12th May 2020
Covid-19 Care Provider Impact Study
The comments included in the survey tell a story of utter despair as providers have had to fight their way though this pandemic with little information support from government.
12th May 2020
Covid 19 Statement From The Board Of National Care Association
National Care Association have been deeply disturbed by the tone and sentiment of government briefings over the past few days in relation to Covid-19 related deaths in care homes
16th Apr 2020
PRESS RELEASE: Covid-19 Testing for Care Services
National Care Association Press Release
11th Apr 2020
PRESS RELEASE: Call to remove VAT from social care essential items
National Care Association press release
2nd April 2020
Key Worker Template Letter
How to use this template
(Please note - If you are a branch of a multi-branch organisation, please check with your head office about how they would like you to do this).
We suggest that you complete this exercise in the following order:
- Read the letter, below, to decide whether it would help members of your workforce.
- Decide which members of your staff are essential workers and should receive a copy of your finished letter.
- Consider how you would distribute this letter, for example by printing copies and sending them to your workers by post or sending by electronic mail, etc.
- Decide on the most appropriate format for use and whether copies are produced for individual staff members, or a more standard letter produced for everyone.
- Make a copy of the text of the template letter and adapt it to your business. We have indicated text which should be amended, but you may want to make other changes or additions.
- Produce the final version of the letter and distribute it to staff — We encourage you to produce printed versions on company headed stationery or to make electronic copies which contain your company branding.
- If you are able to personalise the letter with each individual staff member’s name and ID number this may make it easier for schools, supermarkets or others to validate the staff member’s entitlement.
- Encourage your staff to remember that such a letter relies on trust and good will: It is for their use only and should not be shared with friends or family members.
National Care Association works as part of The Care Provider Alliance (CPA) that brings together the 10 main national associations which represent independent and voluntary adult social care providers in England. We work to represent the sector and ensure a coordinated response to the major issues that affect it.