Care Sector Events
Ageing well Programme's design event: Developing a Community of Practice
The Kia Oval, London, SE11 5SS
10:00am - 16:00pm
If you are a social care provider and work with the NHS, you may find the development of new “Communities of Practice” helpful for your care service. These are groups of people who share a passion for something they do and learn how to do it better.
As home care providers and people who work in a care home setting you will be important in designing these Communities of Practice, to help support people safely at home or in their residential care setting with the support they need.
If you have experience in providing home care, or working in a care home setting and regularly work with the NHS we’d love for you to join us:
Event: Developing Communities of Practice for the Ageing Well Programme
Date: September 25th, 2019 10am-4pm
Venue: The Kia Oval, London.
The Ageing Well and Community Services programme will deliver three workstreams:
- 1) Urgent Community Response will focus on improving the quality and response for service users within their own home, who need crisis support within two hours or two days for reablement;
- 2) Anticipatory Care will develop and implement a proactive model of care, to support people living with complex needs to live well at home;
- 3) Enhanced Health in Care Homes (EHCH) will scale up the successful model of care to improve the provision and quality of healthcare across all care homes in England.
- Accelerate the pace of change on specific areas within the Ageing Well programme
- Build integration, connections and collaboration
- Generate, test and act on new ideas and solutions
- Rapidly share knowledge and good practice
- Contribute, design and inform policy and guidance
This Ageing Well and Community Services event will be a busy but fun day focusing on developing Communities of Practice aligned to these workstreams to ensure they:
This is an exciting time to be involved in care delivered in the community which has not always received the attention it deserves. If you can help and spare some time, we would value your support at this event.
If you can’t make the event on 25th September in London, but would like to be part of the Communities of Practice once they are established, please let us know by e-mailing email@example.com.