Care Sector Events
Northern Caldicott Guardian event: information sharing in small-scale orgs
NHS Digital 1 Treveylan Square, Boar Lane, Leeds, LS1 6AE
10:00am - 16:00pm
This free event has been arranged by the northern UK Caldicott Guardian Council (UKCGC) regional networks, who together with experts from DAC Beachcroft and StayCompliant training, will explore with delegates the general problems of overseeing the guarding and sharing of patient/service-user personal information in a small organisation (under 50 staff). The workshop will specifically focus on sharing service-user personal data with relatives or significant others – including what should happen after their death.
- Presentations and small workgroups.
- Plenary session with write-up, feed back to attendees.
Target audience and ticket allocation
- Those undertaking the Caldicott function or information sharing oversight, irrespective of their job title.
- Priority will be given to work bases from the north (as this is a NW and NE network event).
- Places allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Limited to two people per organisation.
- No part-time attendance.
- Numbers are restricted by room size to 50 attendees.
10.00 Registration and welcome.
10.30 PRESENTATION: Introduction to day. Purpose and outcomes. Brief review of role of UKCGC and forms of support for Caldicott function in small-scale settings. Summary of 2018 paper by Carey Bloomer on the Caldicott function in Care Homes.
Ben Heal and Helen Dyer. UKCGC Independent Members
11.00 PRESENTATION. Sharing personal data in small-scale organisations with relatives and significant others. Gill Weatherill, Trainer and Partner, DACBeachcroft, expert in consent, confidentiality, capacity and patient safety.
- The problems.
- The legal and ethical backdrop.
- The key principles to apply.
- Q and A.
12.00 COFFEE BREAK
12.20 GROUP WORK on main sharing issues, with key points recorded
1.00 LUNCH BREAK (Tea, Coffee and water. Bring or buy any food please as it is not provided)
1.45 GROUP WORK ON PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARING ISSUES WITH CASE STUDIES – led by Sandra Lomax, Stay Complaint training, and Vice Chair UK Caldicott Guardian Council.
3.15 Main issues listed from first group work. Review lof key issues. Application of principles. Take away points and next steps established, shared via email with participants
4.00. End of workshop.