Care Sector Events
Care Homes Conference 2017: Overcoming barriers to care
The University of Salford, M3
09:00am - 16:00pm
Salford Professional Development’s third annual Care Homes Conference is ideally timed to help you to develop workable strategies to improve the quality of life, healthcare and health planning for people living in care homes. With a focus on collaboration and coordination across care providers, including in-depth sessions covering the Enhanced Health in Care Homes vanguards and lessons learned to date, as well as examples of outstanding care in practice, you will have the opportunity to question, discuss and debate the very latest policies, projects and emerging models of care, as well as sharing your own stories and experiences with the conference and contributing to wider thinking about the future of care.
Topics to be covered at this year’s event include:
- Improving the quality of life, healthcare and health planning for people living in care homes
- What does outstanding care look like?
- Implications for care homes in interpreting and applying dementia-friendly design principles
- Delivering dementia-friendly environments
- Using assistive technology to deliver quality care
- Assessing the safety culture in care homes
- Improving safeguarding outcomes
- Developing care homes as placements for student nurses
Keynote and Chair
Tracy Wharvell, Development Director, National Care Association (confirmed)
£99+VAT tickets available for the National Care Association members.
To secure your place please email Daisy Clarke or call 0161 295 0113.