20th May 2016
Care provision fit for a future climate
Care provision fit for a future climate: overheating in care settings has been published by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, today.
17th May 2016
It's Dementia Awareness Week.
You can follow #dementia on Twitter
13th May 2016
Care Homes Open Day 2016
Help promote care homes open day 2016
5th May 2016
Thank You Message from a care home NCA member
Thank you message from a care home NCA member
5th May 2016
Quarter of UK care homes 'at risk of closure'
More than a quarter of care homes in the UK are in danger of going out of business within three years, figures obtained by BBC Radio Four suggest.
30th January 2018
Dignity Action Day
The National Dignity Council lead a Dignity campaign, where over 96,000 champions have pledged to promote dignity. The 1st of February is Dignity Action Day, the theme is Have You Got Time for Digni-tea, and although every day should be dignity action day, this is the day that gives everyone the opportunity to come together to promote the campaign. Dignity is a human right and we encourage everyone to make this a truly memorable day. Supporting Dignity Action Day will:
- Give health and care services an opportunity to share how they promote and uphold people’s right to dignity
- Raise awareness of the importance of Dignity in Health/Care
- Provide someone with an extra special day
- Demonstrate that everybody in the community has a role to play in upholding Dignity in Care
- Remind the public that staff have a right to be treated with dignity and respect too
- Provide a great community networking opportunity.
Dignity champions have dignity in their hearts minds and actions – do you? could you become a champion? - - sign up now www.dignityincare.org.uk . Will you be the 100,000th champion to sign up?
Jan Burns MBE