Care Sector Events
Safeguarding adults in residential settings
ORT HOUSE CONFERENCE CENTRE, 126 Albert St, LONDON, NW1 7NE
09:00am - 17:00pm
“Poor training of care home staff leaving residents at risk, investigation finds”
(Community Care, 28 October 2015)
Mencap first published Death by Indifference in 2007 and since this time the safeguarding of our most vulnerable adults has never far from public and media scrutiny
The Francis Report, the Keogh Report, the Jasmine Report, the Berwick Review, the Bubb Report – and most recently theHomes not hospitals programme have promised to improve the care for vulnerable adults in residential settings.
But are policy changes sufficient to halt the abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults in residential settings amidst a backdrop of austerity and increasing scrutiny? And more importantly, are we really learning the lessons from history and previous tragedies?
This national event will look at overcoming current challenges for professionals who work to support vulnerable adults in residential settings (care homes, hospitals, ATUs and supported living environments). It will tackle key causes and common trends in alerts and also give delegates the opportunity to ensure they are legally compliant with current policy.
Delegates who attend this event will:
- Discover the lessons we need to learn from successive Serious Case Reviews and national scandals involving vulnerable adults in care homes and hospitals
- Consider how to enhance ‘the state of care’: Improving quality in adult care settings
- Gain insights to write effective reports and alerts
Gain expert guidance to ensure your organisation is operating within the legal framework in our legal surgeries:
- Ensuring legal compliance with the;Care Act
- Capacity matters: What case law can tell us about person-centred support in relation to the Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Select sessions from our extended masterclasses to harness and develop proactive responses to key safeguarding issues. Choose from:
- Achieving multi-agency working around safeguarding: Showcasing the new Pan London policies and procedures
- Focusing on promoting equitable health care including effective raising of safeguarding alerts
- Supporting training in the care home sector: Learning from a NHS Vanguard Programme pilot
- Improving support for those with challenging behaviours
For full details please visit: https://www.pavpub.com/safeguarding-adults/