Care Sector Events
Elderly Care Conference
IET Birmingham, Austin Court, 80 Cambridge Street, Birmingham, B1 2NP
09:30am - 15:30pm
Britain's ageing population has created distinct legal issues and liabilities. This annual conference brings together leading experts to discuss and explain:
- inquests and serious investigations
- mental capacity, decision making and deprivation of liberty
- ‘rationing’ care and the implications for elderly care
- buying and selling care homes, the market context and practical advice on preparing for a sale or purchase to maximise value
- claims and liabilities in health and social care.
These issues, and more, will be covered in streamed workshops and plenary sessions by leaders within 39 Essex Street Chambers, University of Reading, the NHSLA, as well as Senior Coroner for Stockport, specialist barristers and experts from Browne Jacobson.
Aimed at senior management from across the NHS, local authorities and the private health and social care sector, this one day national conference will help you to understand and plan for the increasing legal risks associated with an ageing population, and how you can protect yourself, your organisation and your service users.